Saturday, July 30, 2005

BARBARian Zeitgeist


In the spirit of the times, it's time for drinking, conversing, and being comfortably numb. So let's have a little motivation and fill our tankards at Zeitgeist this Tuesday, August 2, starting at 6pm until the light of the silvery moon casts shadows and the embers burn low...

We will raid the local Drinking Liberally crowd for new raiders readers.

See map for location and note that it's in walking distance from either the Civic Center or 16th Mission Bart stations.

6 Comments:

Blogger Scaramouche said...

Post a link inviting your friends and enemies. Also I just realized that we put the 'bar' in BARBARians twice over.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap! I've been eager for the next get-together, but I'm playing the last game of an eight-round chess tournament at the Mechanics Institute starting at 6:30. Maybe I can manage one beer before the game, but I really need a win and I'm playing black...

1:41 PM  
Blogger Scaramouche said...

Chuck,

I think a few us will get there early (shortly afetr 5pm) to secure a table.

I'm thinking of making a small banner, maybe with a drinking cup if I can't fit in the Barbarian motif, so people can find us.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be there, probably earlier rather than later.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance people will still be there around 10? The time control is such that the game has to be over by 10:30, and most games are done by 9:30 or 10…

If I feel sufficiently booked up on the Paulsen Sicilian, I'll stop by pre-game for a relaxer.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Scaramouche said...

We might still be there. Look for the BLOGGER banner.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home