Thursday, August 04, 2005

After Action Report

It was the best of Zeit; it was the worst of Zeit. It was the summer of dis' big tent. And, yes dear friends, there is a summer in San Francisco that isn't colder than winter.

We had some readers (OK, they we my friends), plus many of our regular crew.

Paperwight showed and left early but left the idea that we should be more involved in the local political scene. I couldn't agree more.

The most kissable authoress of You Forgot Poland and Angie (wild horses couldn't tear us apart) added the civilizing touch.

Chuck Dupree from Belisaruis and Bad Attitudes showed up after winning a chess match by default (hey, a win is a win!).

Generik regalled us with tales from his European Vacation and even gave up a chance to watch the Giants lose again to hang with us.

Shystee
, who needs to update his blog really liked the knickname "Love Pirate" that I bestowed on j fyrste, our no-show friend from Suckful (check out the new look) and Shystee told us of his time in Vicenza. While not quite Venezia, it's close enough.

Some other MIAs include mrgumby2yu, Drew, and Hellblazin Hal. Although I hear that Dark Window Pete is alive and well (and sorely missed) and may make an appearence soon.

So to wrap, I'm thinking ahead to September 10, or 11, for our next meet up. I'm thinking softball game/Barb-B-que because I've got about 9 mitts, but alas I lack a bat. Any thoughts?

4 Comments:

Blogger Scaramouche said...

Spoken like a true barbarian. Wait 'til it's like Talk Like Bill O'Reilly Day!

By the way Sept. 11 is my birfday. So let's play softball and BAR-B-Que.

Presents are optional...

7:37 PM  
Blogger Stephen Green said...

Hey, I have a bat! Of course, for that to be relevant, I'd have to actually show up.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Drew said...

I have no bat, but I'm still sorry I didn't show up.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plus, who can forget the Manhattans of Zembla, or the wild rides home?

And I don't mind having my blog's name spelled wrong, because the link is correct ;-).

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home