Monday, August 28, 2006

BARBARians: The Gathering

The response to the suggestion of yet another get-together of the BARBARians Beer Appreciation Society and Occasional Blogging Etiquette Concern has been rather tepid, but one thing is clear -- those who did respond would like our next gathering to be on a Friday or, preferably, Saturday. I have no objection to that; I like drinking beer on a Saturday just as much as I like drinking beer on pretty much any other day that ends in "y". However, my Saturday dance card is filled for the next month or so. It would be October before I could attend a Saturday get-together.

But hey, Scaramouche and I aren't the only ones who can plan one of these things! I'm sure that if a few of you throw out a date or two, with a suggestion of where to meet up, you're bound to get a decent turn-out and have some fun. Therefore, I'm turning this one over to... well, any and all of you, I guess. Make some suggestions in the comments, have fun, talk amongst yourselves. If nothing gets decided before October, I'll put my two cents back in and we can go from there. In the meantime, have at it, kids. Where and when?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, a weekend would be better for me, too. Just name a date and I'll come along. And hey! Erik. Long time, no see...

DrLaniac

5:00 PM  
Blogger Tom Hilton said...

I'm free most Saturdays, although Labor Day weekend is out and I'll be going up to Seattle on some yet-to-be-determined weekend in late September.

But yeah, the business section is full of stories about the terrible slump in California's beer and liquor industries--and they're blaming us. So we really ought to get drinking soon.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to arrive back in the Bay Area Monday the 18th. I'm available for any evening except Tuesday from then on. Man, am I looking forward to a draft beer...

5:41 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

I know I have a few Saturdays already booked, so instead of giving my list of what dates I have, I'll just hope that what the majority agree with I have free.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Scaramouche said...

Hey-yo,

Let's make a two-fer. Saturday, September 16, Zeitgheist, 2:30 until it gets dark.

And October 19,Thursday at 6PM, at Ben & Nick's in Berkeley!

Say yeah, or nay!

Sorry to be out of the loop for so long...

11:19 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

I could make the Sept 16th, but wouldn't be able to show up till about 6'ish. I'll be at my sister's that day in Winters and dont' normally get home till around 5. So if people plan on sticking around, I'll be there. Just late.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother-in-law is in town on the 16th. Save the snickers and egregious "well, bring her" comments.

Other weekends or weeknights would be mint.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Mags said...

Seamus, just br---

Dammit!

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home