Friday, October 13, 2006

Barbarians Belly Up to the Bar at Ben 'n Nicks

C'mon all you cool cats and kittens, let's slide over to Ben 'N Nicks Bar & Grill near the Rockridge BART Station next Thurdsday night, Oct. 19, 6pm till you need to stroll on home.

There is much to howl about. Our Congress Critters have turned the Capitol into a cat house (at least while they're in recess the pages can exfoliate) and a bunch of right-wing pussies are falsely blaming Democrats for letting the cat out the bag.

Enough with the cat puns. Invite all your favorite Bay Area Regional Bloggers and Readers to join us.

7 Comments:

Blogger Generik said...

Isn't this the two-year anniversary of the very first BARBARian gathering? Or at least close enough for government work?

5:03 PM  
Blogger Tom Hilton said...

I'll be there.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Scaramouche said...

Hoo boy, see what happens when alliteration gets its monkey claws into you. Yes, Ben 'N Nicks is in Oakland not Berkeley. I've changed the post to reflect that.

Also it is almost 2 years since we started our drinkfest back on Oct 27, 2004. Here was my After action Report on that first meet up.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm bummed I just found you and missed the Zeitgeist do. I can't make it to Rock Ridge, but I'll get to the next one.
(Linked here from C&L post)

11:49 AM  
Blogger Drew said...

Alas, I couldn't make it once again (so what the hell else is new?). One of these days, when you all least expect it, that's when I'll show up. Then you'll see!!

First two pitchers are on me for the next one (reason enough to schedule it as soon as possible).

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried, but missed. I was running a bit late tonight, stopped by around quarter to seven but couldn't find anyone that seemed to be a group of bloggers.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Stephen Green said...

Oh my, that's tragic. We'll have to more prominently display the viking helmet next time, maybe with a sign on it. I was going to suggest we could try to look more geeky, but if a bunch of middle aged guys passing around and wearing a viking helmet doesn't do it, I'm afraid we've run out of room for growth in that area.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home